Unlike traditional pilates, the Megaformer workout does not require you to start with private sessions — all classes are designed to work in a group setting. Because clients have their own machine, you can modify each exercise to suit your current fitness level. Most new students do fine stepping into our group classes. However, if you have back pain, painful joints or another medical condition, it is recommended to take a private session first to assess your fitness level and limitations. If you are concerned, just let us know and we will be glad to take care of you.
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE FOR MY FIRST CLASS?
Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time for your orientation.
WHO CAN TAKE CLASSES AT THE STUDIO (MDR)™?
Just about anyone. Classes are suited for people of all levels of fitness as you can push yourself as hard as you like. If you have any medical conditions, please make sure you have doctor approval first.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I PRACTICE ON THE MEGAFORMER?
The workout is designed to work your body to muscle fatigue at which point you will need to rest. Depending on your own personal fitness level and the intensity of your workout, you will need more or less time to recover. We recommend three times a week to allow your body proper recovery time, but some students love the workout so much that they come in as many as four times a week! The key is to listen to your body and to find a routine that works best for you.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE SESSIONS?
We have an easy to use and extremely secure software system to assist you in reserving a session. We recommend all our members get familiar with our automated online booking system which can be accessed via the SIGN UP FOR CLASSES tab. It is the easiest, fastest, and most accurate way to book classes. Simply create a user name and password, and use it to schedule, purchase and track your visit history. If you forgot your password or need more information, just send us an email. It is always best to reserve your session online to guarantee you have a Megaformer available.
DO YOU HAVE AN APP?
Yes, and you can use it to schedule classes, manage your account and much more.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS A CLASS?
Due to limited number of spaces available in each session, THE STUDIO (MDR)™ has two types of cancellation charges, Late Cancel and No Show. A Late Cancel charge of $15 will occur if you cancel within 12 hours of a class start time. A No Show charge of $25 occurs the first time you are signed up for a class under a monthly membership and do not attend. After that, the charge is $50.
WILL MY SPOT BE GIVEN AWAY IF I AM LATE TO CLASS?
Yes. It is very important to arrive on time as a respect to other clients. Many times, clients will drop in to see if someone doesn’t show allowing them a space in the class. If you do not arrive within 10 minutes of the scheduled class time, your space may be given to someone who is waiting. Be sure to sign in to class so we know you were present!
CAN I WAIT LIST FOR A SESSION THAT IS FULL?
Absolutely and we recommend doing this! Not only will you have better luck getting into a class, it also helps us know where we need to add classes. Get on the list by clicking “Sign Up Now!” when a class reads “9 Reserved, 0 Open” Then check for an email from THE STUDIO (MDR)™ that tells you when you get in and you are automatically confirmed into the class; there is no need to reply. Waitlists “close” 12 hours before a class start time, allowing you to grab any opening without having to be on the waitlist.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING (and not bring) TO CLASS?
• For safety and sanitary reasons, we REQUIRE EVERYONE to wear non-slip, tread socks during the clas. They’re available for purchase at THE STUDIO (MDR)™. No shoes are needed for classes.
• Bring a hand towel as you will most likely sweat!
• We have a water dispenser, but some students like to bring their own water bottle. For safety reasons, no glass bottles please.
• Wear comfortable clothes you can easily move in, much like you would for a yoga class or the gym.
• Jewelry is NOT a good idea.
• No cell phones during classes, let yourself have 50 minutes that is all about you.
• No strong perfumes as some students are allergic.
• Your credit card is on file, so cash/credit/check is not necessary to bring unless you prefer not to make your payment online. Please understand that no classes can be confirmed if you’re not prepaid.
• Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of your first class so your trainer can provide you with a brief orientation.