It’s time for Superfood Saturday’s on The Studio (MDR) blog. And today, we want you to say hi to Açaí.
Also known as nature’s energy fruit, the Açaí berry is one of the most nutritious foods in the world.
Açaí, harvested in the rainforests of Brazil, is chock full of antioxidants, amino acids and essential fatty acids, making the tiny berry a weight loss and anti-aging superfood1!
While it may be difficult to find Açaí berries in your local supermarket, Açaí juice is widely available. There is also, a new product featuring the unsweetened pulp of Açaí which provides many benefits including2:
- A remarkable concentration of antioxidants that help combat premature aging, with 10 times more antioxidants than red grapes and 10 to 30 times the anthocyanins of red wine.
- A synergy of monounsaturated (healthy) fats, dietary fiber and phytosterols to help promote cardiovascular and digestive health.
- An almost perfect essential amino acid complex in conjunction with valuable trace minerals, vital to proper muscle contraction and regeneration.
So, if you’re feeling a little sluggish, or if you just need an extra boost of energy, this recipe for an Açaí smoothie is a fantastic choice to consume before or after your workout at The Studio (MDR).
1 Unsweetened Pure Açaí Berry Smoothie Pack
8 oz Almond Milk
1 Scoop Whey Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Flax Seed Oil
Blend all ingredients until smooth and enjoy!
Is there a superfood you’d love to read more about? Let us know, we are looking for future “Superfood Saturday” ideas.
- http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/Açaí -berries-and-Açaí -berry-juice-what-are-the-health-benefits
- http://www.oprah.com/health/Açaí -Dr-Perricones-No-1-Superfood